I made this recipe quite a few times to ‘test’ it…but let’s be honest, it was just because I am obsessed with it! The flavors in this carrot dish are just perfection. It’s warming with deep flavors, but it also tastes fresh and energizing, which is perfect at this time of year. There is sweet, savory, and pretty much pure deliciousness all wrapped up into one awesome dish.
This dish is fabulous for the holidays because it is loaded with healthful ingredients, but it tastes like an absolute party in the mouth and a pure indulgence. I mean dates, pine nuts, pistachios, and golden raisins all in one dish? That’s decadence.
Plus, there are caramelized onions, which deserve their own spotlight because…YUM! It really doesn’t get much better than caramelized onions.
In all seriousness, this recipe has gotten rave reviews from not only my tasted buds, but my family, friends, and loved ones. I can’t wait for you to be obsessed with it too!
- 3 + cups cut carrots
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 whole onion (caramelized)
- 1 bunch green onions
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- ⅓ cup pistachios
- coconut oil or ghee
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400
- Slice carrots and dates into 1 inch slices
- Squeeze the juice of ½ lemon onto the carrots
- thinly slice the other half of the lemon and mix with carrots and dates
- Add fat of choice and bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through
- While the mixture is baking caramelize the onion and toast the nuts
- After the carrots are almost done, add in the other ingredients and bake for 10 more minutes!