Guys, I have been obsessing over this combo for a month or so now, but with our kitchen being under construction, getting the recipe made and photographed was a little tricky! Well, our kitchen is finally done and organic berries were on sale, so it was time to get this recipe into your hands!
As I began making this recipe in our beautiful new kitchen, I remembered what it was like to cook in our house in the summer. Colorado is notorious for not having air conditioning anywhere and man oh man does it make cooking intense. I seriously was dripping sweat as I was making this. It felt like I was in a sauna, but the deliciousness was totally worth it! So, blood, sweat, and tears truly went into this…okay, maybe not blood, but you get it.
Anyways, this is the best summer chicken recipe ever and you need to make it RIGHT NOW! Enjoy my loves!
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs with the skin (or boneless skinless if that's what you can find!)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- brown butter ghee
- ½ cup onion
- Preheat oven to 400
- Heat up a cast iron skillet with brown butter ghee (I love tinstar foods) on the stove top.
- Salt the chicken thighs and place skin down onto the cast iron.
- They should sizzle when you place them down- you want them to get crispy!
- Let them cook for a few minutes on this side and then turn over.
- Next, add in garlic, onion, and berries.
- Then, place in the oven for 30 minutes or until your meat thermometer reads 165!