Oh my goodness, we are absolutely obsessed with this meal! Deliciata squash are in season, super yummy and make the perfect vessel for anything delicious! Plus, they only have 35 calories in half of one and are super filling so they are perfect for filling you up while keeping your waist line in tact.
On top of that, this is so so so easy to make, doesn’t take long at all, and is actually quite budget friendly as well!
We tried this 3 ways…and all were absolutely smashing, so get creative and add your own flare! I’m not gonna lie…the chicken avocado salad is absolutely heavenly, but there are plenty of vegan/ vegetarian options as well! And all are absolutely delicious topped with the cilantro chile sauce…yummmy!!:) This recipe shares the avocado chicken recipe with links to the others…so ENJOY!
Remember to use pasture-raised local chicken, local delicata squash, and whatever other local veggies you can find to put your own flare on this stuffed squash!
- 1 delicata squash
- cilantro chile sauce
- salt and pepper
- Bake delicata squash whole at 425 for 30 minutes.
- Prepare cilantro chile sauce
- While squash is baking prepare chicken salad (and/or kale salad or lentil salad)
- To prepare chicken, season with salt and pepper, then bake and shred.
- Once shredded add in avocado unit it is a creamy chicken salad-add salt and pepper to taste.
- I also stuffed this with the best kale salad ever and the herbaceous salad (instead of using garbanzo beans I used lentils), so there are definitely options!
- Once the squash is soft, let cool.
- Then, cut in half, scoop out the seeds and stuff with your desired stuffing.
- Lastly, top with the cilantro chile sauce and ENJOY!
Let us see your creations by tagging us @holisticrendezvous and hash tagging #holisticrendezvous ! And, tell us what you thought about this recipe! You an find us on instagram and Facebook for even more food porn, tips, recipes, inspiration, and more! 🙂