Say hello to your new favorite Thanksgiving pumpkin pie! It’s a little different than the traditional as it is raw and served chilled rather than warm, but it is completely delicious!
Raw desserts are so much fun to make because they are full of whole food ingredients, plus they are decadent and rich! A small square of a raw dessert is filling and satisfying without leaving you in a sugar hangover when made right!
This recipe utilizes soaked/sprouted nuts and seeds to make it more easily digestible and minimal added sweetness from maple syrup, which is a great vegan sweetener. Make sure to buy grade B! We also utilized seasonal pumpkin to add vitamins and nutrients, especially beta-carotene…plus we love utilizing local ingredients!
Do note that this is extremely high in fats, albeit healthy fats, but you can definitely overdo it! Your piece of pumpkin pie will be a little smaller than usual, but you will feel great afterwards from all of the energy of the living foods!
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsps maple syrup (based on preference of sweetness)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch sea salt
- Soak cashews overnight, then rinse and drain.
- Blend cashews and all other ingredients until smooth and creamy
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp flax
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Soak cherries, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.
- Blend above with flax and maple syrup until sticky and firm enough to mold into a crust!