Okay okay, these don’t really taste like cheesecake, but I’m not really sure what else to call these scrumptious little morsels. They are definitely my new favorite thing though and I promise you’ll be just as obsessed too. I mean, look at them, with their little hearts!
Plus they are healthy for your heart! The recipe uses super healthy fats like coconut butter, walnuts, sprouted sunflower seeds, sprouted pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds. Plus it has no added sugars so it is a totally decadent and guilt free nutritious dessert! You can totally be caught snagging a bite or two..
Just look at that silk smooth consistency! MEOW! I always make my own coconut butter using my Blendtec twister jar to get this creamy smooth consistency, but you can also use a food processor, it will just take quite a bit more time. You can also buy coconut butter, but it is somewhat pricey. Both of the options will be listed in the recipe below.
You’re gonna have a whole container of these in the freezer and think that they will last you for a long time…
But then you’re going to be pulling them out left and right, to quickly realize that it’s time to make another batch. Or at least that’s what is happening to me hehe. Tell me I’m not alone here!!
- 2 cups coconut shreds OR 1 cup coconut butter
- 3 cups strawberries
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup sprouted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup sprouted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- pinch sea salt
- 1 scoop vanilla pea protein powder ( I use source naturals)- this is optional
- Optional: chocolate, bee pollen, and whatever other toppings you want!
- Blend or process coconut flakes into coconut butter.
- Next, add strawberries and blend until smooth, set aside.
- Blend or process walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax, salt, and protein powder until it sticks together when you pinch it.
- **Note: If you don't want to use protein powder, you may want to add fresh vanilla or vanilla extract and honey or maple syrup for flavor.
- Take the walnut and seed mixture and place it on parchment paper. Press it out into a big square that is about ¼ inch thick.
- Then spread the strawberry coconut mixture on top of this crust.
- Place in freezer and then top with melted chocolate, bee pollen, sliced strawberries, etc.