We are loving parsnips so much that we are giving you back to back #sustainabilitysunday recipes using parsnips! Sorry, or not so sorry about this…they are delicious!
This is SUCH an easy soup to make and has so much flavor without really adding much to it, but it leaves room for interpretation, which is always great in our eyes because we hope you take all of our recipes and make them your own! It will help bring out your creativity and allow you to begin making your own HR inspired recipes that you can share with us!
This recipe can be made with a couple different liquids, which all have varying health benefits!
A homemade bone or mineral broth could be used, which are just amazing for improving immunity, increasing your nutrient and mineral reserves, and they are extremely sustainable to make! Find out even more why we love bone and mineral broths here!
If you don’t have a bone or mineral broth on hand you could use coconut milk, cream, or whatever your heart desires! I have made this using broth or coconut milk and it turned out amazingly both times!
- 2 cups roasted or boiled parsnips
- 2 cups liquid of choice!
- salt to taste
- Boil or roast your parsnips until soft and tender! Roasting will really bring out some great flavors
- Next, add these to a blender or food processor with liquid and other optional ingredients!
- Then, simply puree and enjoy!
- Here we topped the soup with some creme fraiche, quinoa, and caramelized onions!
Are you guys loving parsnips this season as much as we are? How are you using them to create fabulous seasonal meals? We want to know! Hope you all have a super sustainable sunday! Peace and Love, HR!