Desserts are the best…amiright? This Paleo Flourless Dark Chocolate Cake definitely is!
AND Paleo Flourless Dark Chocolate Cake, even better! My brothers birthday was a few weeks ago and I had to make him something absolutely amazing…and then re-test it a few times to triple check that it was as good as I thought it was before sharing ;P !
Luckily, it was everything that I thought it was and that is the most delicious chocolate dessert I’ve ever put in my mouth. Seriously. Not the best one that I have ever made, the best one I’ve ever had. I guess I’m kind of tooting my own horn here, but I love flourless chocolate cakes, so I knew exactly what I was looking for here and I got it! And it’s a paleo dessert too…WHAT!
One of the things that I love about this cake is that you can get extremely creative with it from this base recipe…even though you really don’t need to! For instance, add some lavender into the base and create a raspberry rose syrup/ jam to put on top, heaven!
That’s just one of the possibilities here, so let your imagination run wild!
I also love that it is a NUT FREE dessert since it’s base is coconut flour, which is perfect for all you people out there who cannot have nuts!
You will need a spring form pan to make this come out very easily. And, I definitely recommend making in advance and refrigerating…I think it sets even better and gets more fudgy! This is totally up to you of course! 🙂 Now go on with your bad self and make the most delicious paleo dessert you have ever had// the most delicious flourless chocolate cake you have ever had!!
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Steam cauliflower
- Separate egg yolks and whites and then whip the whites until soft peaks form.
- Melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil and mix with maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Blend steamed cauliflower until creamy and then mix with the egg yolks and all of the other ingredients except the egg whites.
- Then fold in the egg whites.
- Coat spring form pan with coconut oil and then tap in a light coating of coconut flour so that the cake easily comes out!
- Finally, place in a spring form pan and bake for 45 minutes!
Need help finding what you need? I like this spring form pan, this coconut flour, this cacao powder, and these dark chocolate chips!
I know you’re going to love this as much as I have and all the people I have tested it on, so take pics and tag me so I can see all of your beautiful recreations!
Want more chocolate recipes? Try these insanely good Paleo Dark Chocolate Truffles.