The other night I came home from work with a super serious craving for these amazing vegan and paleo cookies that I treat myself to on occasion. They are called Boulder Cookies and are freaking amazing and made in Boulder, CO so I love supporting them when I am in Boulder…thankfully they do not sell them in Denver…who knows how often I might find myself saying #treatyoself !
Anyways, I clearly couldn’t go get one of these cookies, plus it was super late, so I went to the refrigerator to see what I could whip up. I threw a ton of ingredients together and ended up with a masterpiece…that I had no idea of the measurements too…oy vay I had to attempt to recreate these amazing cookies, so I’ve been at it in the kitchen perfecting these beauties. Well, I finally have and I am stoked to share these with you all!
They seriously have the perfect cookie dough texture before you bake and then are just lovely afterwards. I like adding in the mini chips while the mix is still hot from blending and it gives these beautiful swirls in the cookies…or you can let them look traditional as well. Anyways, here’s the recipe, enjoy!
- 1.5 cup almonds
- ⅓ cup arrowroot starch
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp almond extract or vanilla (or BOTH!)
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life chocolate mini chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a blender or food processor, grind almonds and chia seeds into a flour.
- Next, add in all other ingredients, except for salt and chocolate chips
- Blend/ mix thoroughly and then fold in chocolate chips and coarse ground salt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes based on your gooeyness preference!
I know you will love these cookies as much as I did…and my roommates…aren’t they lucky to be taste testers for such decadent treats! Don’t forget to post pictures when you make these and #holisticrendezvous and tag us @holisticrendezvous! Peace and love! B