As I made guacamole for the first time in a long time the other day, I realized something; I haven’t shared my all time favorite guac recipe to all you beauties! WHAT! I also have made this recipe a few times since then, after having a really long separation from it. I don’t now what I was thinking, it is SO good! But, avocados are so heavenly on their own that I was just appreciating them in their utterly beautiful no fuss form for a while!
Anyways, with Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, well tomorrow, I figured it was the perfect time to share with you all!
I love eating this with tons of fresh vegetables, especially super juicy ones like cucumber, jicama, and celery! I think it’s the heat talking, but I want all of the luscious and hydrating foods!
- 2-3 avocados
- ¼ cup chopped sweet onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes (I always use cherry tomatoes!)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 hot pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp himalayan salt (or more to taste)
- Mince, chop, juice and assemble all of your ingredients!
- Remove your avocadoes from their flesh and seed, then place in a bowl.
- Next, mash with a fork until it is a good texture for you. I still like mine nice and chunky!
- Then, add in all of your other ingredients and stir!
To learn how to skinny this up so you can indulge in like a huge huge bowl (we all know we are going to!) then head to my recipe for skinny guacamole!