Squash have been filling the farmers markets over the past month or so and I have been super excited to find one of my favorites, spaghetti squash! Spaghetti squash is awesome because it is an extremely healthy and unprocessed version of spaghetti. Plus, it’s loaded with fiber, low in calories, and absolutely delicious.
I thought what better way to enjoy this delicious spaghetti squash then make a fall vegetable spaghetti! This recipe utilizes all local ingredients that you can find at your farmers market or grocery store and is super simple to make!
Spaghetti Squash is a great pasta substitution with only 31 calories and 7 grams carbs in a whole cup!
Kale is the superfood of greens with its rich pigmentation lending to high amounts of chlorophyl, vitamin K and B vitamins, protein, fiber , and flavanoids with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties!
Pumpkin is a great source of the antioxidant beta-carotene! It is also super low in calories, loaded with fiber, vitamins, and minerals!
Mushrooms are a great source of protein, are low in calories, and provide many minerals.
Onions are a sulfuric food
Parsley is a booster food
Garlic is another booster food that is amazing for your immunity since it is anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal!
Lemon juice is super high in vitamin C and is also very alkalizing to the body.
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 1 small pumpkin
- 3 beets
- 1 small purple onion
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 head kale
- 1 head parsley
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400
- Cook spaghetti squash (length depends on size-I cut in half and place face down to cook, but you can also poke holes in it with a fork and cook whole)
- Chop pumpkin, beets, mushrooms, and onion into bite sized pieces.
- Mince garlic cloves
- Place pumpkin, beets, mushrooms, onion, and garlic in a glass baking dish with 2 tbsps olive oil, the juice of 1/2 lemon, 2 tbsps fresh chopped parsley and salt.
- Place in the oven with the spaghetti squash and allow to roast.
- Chop kale into bite sized pieces- remove stems for a better texture.
- Once the vegetables are almost done roasting, add chopped kale and mix in to lightly cook.
- Once the vegetables and spaghetti squash are done, scrape the ‘spaghetti’ out of the spaghetti squash and mix with the roasted vegetables.
- Serve on a dish or inside of the spaghetti squash skin!
- Top with lemon juice, fresh parsley, and more olive oil if you want!
Let us see your creations by tagging us @holisticrendezvous and hash tagging #holisticrendezvous ! And, tell us what you thought about this recipe! You an find us on instagram and Facebook for even more food porn, tips, recipes, inspiration, and more! 🙂