Okay, these were seriously SO much fun to make and they are absolutely delicious…we are a little obsessed. We have given these out as gifts along with a couple other goodies and these were a favorite for some!
They have the perfect amount of creaminess from the coating with a little bit of crunch and mild sweetness in the middle! You must make these for all your holiday celebrations this year if you want to be the coolest person around! Because not only are these delicious, they are gorgeous, so you will look like a total kitchen prowess and badass!
- 1/4 cup brazil nuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla (or fresh vanilla bean)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (or 1/2 tsp dry)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- couple dashes of nutmeg
- pinch sea salt
- Optional: 3/4 cup crushed up gingerbread cookies to add some crunch…you could also add kashi (buckwheat), popped amaranth, which we also tried and loved, or something else for crunch!
- Throw everything into a food processor or blender (except the cookies, or crunch of choice) and blend until sticky.
- Roll into balls
- Coat with freshly made coconut butter…or warmed coconut butter so it is liquified (simply blend or food process 2 cups of shredded coconut until creamy)
- Top with cookie crumbs or candy cane crumble!
Do you have any favorite holiday recipes? What are they?! We love turning holiday treats into healthy alternatives that are just as delicious. Don’t forget to subscribe, like us on Facebook, and follow us on instagram! Hope you are having a great start to your week! 🙂 Peace and Love, HR