This week at the market, we were most excited about the arrival of fall apples. Our hearts swoon at this time of year because we love apples and we can get them locally. Apples truly make the best snacks, so be on the lookout for these in your local farmers market! And, be on the lookout for some recipes using apples coming up!
This weeks sustainable Sunday recipe is SUPER simple, refreshing, and healthful. We used tomatoes, cucumber, and basil from the farmers market, which is really almost all you need!
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/8-1/4 cup chiffonade basil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsps ACV
- 2 tbsps cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Dice tomatoes and cucumbers and mix together in a bowl.
- Chiffonade the basil and add to the mixture.
- Next, mince garlic and combine it with ACV, olive oil, maple syrup and salt for your dressing.
- Pour dressing over cucumber and tomato base, add fresh cracked pepper to taste and mix!
Don’t forget to tag us and hashtag #holisticrendezvous when you make our recipes or some inspired recipes of your own so we can see your delicious creations!