I saw something similar to this in the grocery store and had to go home and make my own rendition that could be a healthy treat, but still taste completely like a prized sweet!
I will be completely honest, these are not the quickest things to make, but they are a labor of love for sure. The coating is what makes these take a little longer, but trust me, it adds a richness and beauty that can’t be beaten!
- 1.5 cup almonds
- 1 tsp cardamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (or fresh vanilla bean...my personal fav)
- ⅓ cup chopped goji berries
- ⅓ cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsps honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp coarse ground sea salt
- 1 cup coconut (or ¼ cup coconut butter)
- ¼ dark chocolate bar
- Blend or process almonds into a flour...it should be starting to get sticky so that it can be rolled into balls or bars
- Add vanilla, cardamon, salt, and honey and blend until texture is moldable.
- Then, mix in your chopped goji berries, pistachios, and coarse ground sea salt.
- Next, shape your 'dough' into desired shapes for optimum candy bites and place in the freezer or refrigerator. This helps the coating stick.
- Blend or process coconut until it is liquid, also known as coconut butter! You can also just use coconut butter.
- Coat your candy pieces in the coconut butter and place back in freezer. I only coated the tops and put dark chocolate on the bottom...but get creative here! You can always just drizzle the melted chocolate over the top.
- Finally, melt your dark chocolate to dip the bottoms of the candy in, place back in the refrigerator to harden AND ENJOY!
Let us know what you think about this labor of love! They are a bit time-consuming, but totally impressive and worth it! Share your pictures and #holisticrendezvous and tag @holisticrendezvous ! Peace and love, B