This kale salad surprised everyone with how amazingly delicious it was. Previously, another kale salad had my entire heart. And while I still find it absolutely delicious, this kale salad has come to compete!
The ingredients below are the stars that makes this salad absolutely delicious.
-raw pumpkin seeds
-local butternut squash
- Begin making your salad by prepping your ingredients.
- The butternut squash has to cook, so it’s best to start there. While the easiest way to cook your butternut squash is probably throwing it in whole, I also find this to be fairly easy. Use a peeler to peel the skin and then small dice the butternut squash so it is a good size for salad!
Place the butternut squash in the oven at 425 for about 30 minutes while your prepare your other ingredients.
- Next, chop your kale very finely, or place it into a food processor if you would like!
- Then massage it with your dressing. The dressing I made was super simple!
I simply blended:
- the juice of 1 whole lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp miso
- 2 tbsps ACV
- 1/4 tsp himalayan pink sea salt
To finish the salad add in your pumpkin seeds (raw or roasted), golden raisins (I chopped them up to make them smaller), and your roasted butternut squash! Toss and serve alone or throw some local roasted vegetables on top!
Let us know if you make this recipe by sharing a photo on instagram and hash tagging #holisticrendezvous !