This seasons favorite ingredient seems to be blood oranges at the moment. Not only are they delicious, with a slightly different flavor than traditional oranges, they are also absolutely gorgeous! These are obviously not local to Colorado, but they are a seasonal fruit that we wanted to highlight!
We love throwing blood orange slices in pitchers of water for flavor and beauty, having them as snacks, and in this delicious salad! We also love their high vitamin C content to keep our immune systems top notch during the winter! Blood oranges actually contain 40% more vitamin C than regular oranges!
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 tbsp mint
- 2 tbsps chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup watercress
- Supreme your orange (peel skin off with a knife and cut in between the fibrous areas-youtube this if you need help!)
- Chiffonade your mint!
- Thinly chop green onions
- Chop watercress
- Combine Oranges watercress, green onions, and mint with the dressing below (you will not need all of the dressing!).
- Then top with 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds and extra mint and green onions!
- 1 tbsp blood orange juice (use pulp to get this)
- 1 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- squeeze of lemon
- pinch sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Use orange pulp (leftover after cutting the orange supreme) to get 1 tbsp of blood orange juice
- add in 1 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- Add a small squeeze of lemon, a pinch of sea salt, and pepper!
- Whisk until thoroughly combined
This is such a fresh and easy recipe to brighten your day and give you that extra needed boost of vitamin C! We hope you love this! How do you use blood oranges? Have you tried making a recipe with them this year? Let us know! Peace and Love, HR