Yes, we said it…BACON roasted brussels sprouts. I know, I know, we focus on plant based recipes, but this is still extremely plant based. The bacon acts as a condiment and seasoning to the brussels sprouts, creating a perfect harmony of deliciousness. This recipe will also be delicious using coconut oil, or another vegan oil of choice if you don’t consume any animal products.
In this recipe we decided to use a pasture-raised local bacon to add flavor, dimension, and diversify the types of fats that we are consuming. Here at HR, we believe strongly in only consuming the highest quality animal proteins you can possibly purchase and in limited quantities, such as this recipe.
- Brussels sprouts (shredded)
- Applewood bacon
- Himalayan pink sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400
- Shred brussels sprouts, or purchase pre-shredded…because we know it’s time consuming
- Thinly slice shallots and mince garlic
- Chop bacon into bite sized pieces
- Begin to render the bacon fat in an oven safe skillet (we used a cast iron skillet)
- Once the bacon fat has started to render add in your brussels sprouts, garlic, and shallots.
- Then, squeeze the juice of a lemon over top, add salt and pepper and stir!
- Place in the oven until the brussels are to your liking!
Let us know what you think about this recipe! Subscribe and follow us on Instagram and Facebook and hashtag #holisticrendezvous! We hope you enjoy:)