OH MY GOSH….KALE, I love it!Kale is extremely high in Vitamin K, carotenoids, and flavonoids making it a total nutritional powerhouse. Not to mention just a cup of kale has 3 grams of protein, which is pretty high for a vegetable. Kale does have thick exterior which can make it bitter and less palatable, but by breaking down the cell walls, you can create a delicious raw kale salad. Massaging with a fat, acid, and salt will help break down the cell walls, which is exactly what we are doing here!
This salad will have you dominating kale in no time…trust me. In order to get kale to break down a little and make it easier to eat and digest, you need to steam it, or massage it with a fat and acid. The latter is what I did in this case.
This is is seriously the best kale salad you will ever have. Plus I love how it is basically a base to which you can get really creative with!
- 4 cups chopped kale, to your liking (I like it in small thin strips)
- 1 whole ripe avocado
- juice of 2 lemons
- Add ins:
- ¼ cup chopped red onion…really skinny slivers…trust me.
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes OR chopped bell peppers…or BOTH
- garlic powder, cumin, himalayan salt, and pepper to taste!
- Massage the kale with the lemon juice, avocado, and salt to break it down and make it a little softer.
- Then, add in all of your other ingredients and toss it to perfection.
This salad is sooo creamy and delicious…who needs ranch dressing when you have avocado. Make this NOW, you won’t regret it. Don’t forget to post your pictures to Instagram me and tag @holisticrendezvous and #holisticrendezvous so I don’t miss your beautiful photos!