Labor Day is a celebration of the American labor movement, and is dedicated to the social and economic achievement of workers. The beauty of this holiday is that everyone has the ability to celebrate, as we each play a role in contributing to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our respective countries. We would like to use this post to remind you to take time today to be proud of yourself, acknowledge your achievements, and recognize the value of your work.
This is our purpose: to make as meaningful as possible this life that has been bestowed upon us; to live in such a way that we may be proud of ourselves; to act in such a way that some part of us lives on. – Oswald Spengler
Our society has trained us to feel the need to constantly push ourselves, and often leads us to forget our own self-worth and significance within the activities in which we are involved. Many of us spend a large part of of our time thinking about how we can do more, work harder, earn more money, and gain more recognition. Some of us may have had this mindset at one time, but lost our drive and became discouraged. This could results from encountering too many closed doors, the influence of a negative associate, or even our own subconscious. There is a natural fear within each of us that tries to convince us that it is not possible to be truly happy, or have the “luxury” of pursuing our dreams. Remember that you are a work in progress, and that it is beneficial to spend some time thinking about how you can continue to grow and develop as a conscious individual. Believe in your own potential and strengths, and suppress the voice in the back of your mind that tries to inhibit you from following the path for which you are intended. Recognize that it is also vital that you reflect on all of the goals that you have accomplished, and the objectives that you have achieved. By focusing on your successes, you will not only attract more positive energy and create a more positive mindset, but you will also boost your mood and increase your confidence. These results will not only help you to be a more productive individual, in the workplace or elsewhere, but you will also begin to shine more brightly in all of the activities in which you participate.
Use this day to meditate on the work you do daily, what changes you have made to better yourself, and what goals you have completed. Not only that, but also consider and recognize the level of beneficial impact that you are having on those around you. Be proud of yourself for all that you have accomplished, and for all of the time and energy you have dedicated to your specific craft. Make time to relax, and give yourself much deserved breaks, every day. Moderation is key for all aspects of your life. This is especially true for your work to recreation ratio, which will facilitate your ability to maintain balance, proper mental health and, therefore, physical and emotional health.
We would like to provide you with a few ways to remind yourself of your achievements, why they were significant to you or others, and to be proud of all of the work and time you dedicated to making them a reality.
1. Keep a journal of of everything you accomplish each day. These could be preset intentions, or unexpected accomplishments.
2. Give yourself a pat on the back (literally!) or perform some other reminder that is personal to you, and designed to show you that are doing well!
3. Avoid thinking in extreme terms, such as “I always…” or “I never…”, which can decrease your mood, and discourage you. Be understanding of yourself, even if you are unable to accomplish a goal initially.
4. Meditate, in whatever way is most comfortable and natural to you. We love to just take 20 minutes each day to say affirmations, set goals for ourselves, and to express gratitude. We also love to do yoga, because it is a great way to stimulate yourself physically, as well as mentally.
5. Take some time to do an activity you legitimately enjoy, and that incorporates some of your strengths. This is a great way to promote relaxation, give your confidence a boost, and help maintain balance in your daily life.
Share with us some things that you are proud of, as well as how you remind yourself of your successes each day! We would love to hear from you 🙂
Love and Light,