So it’s winter and everybody loves a good soup to warm them up! This is the perfect thing to come home to after a long day on the slopes…or a long day at work. This recipe is a dump and leave recipe that makes your meal super easy. That sounded kind of gross, but all you do is drop ingredients into a crock pot, you get the point!
This is a super versatile recipe that is paleo, autoimmune friendly, and can be made vegan if desired! Basically any and everyone can eat this soup and enjoy it, whether you are a sensitive eater like me or not!
I love the additions of warming spices such as cumin and cayenne, but feel free to ‘lighten’ this up by giving it a little zest with fresh lemon juice and a bit of fresh chopped parsley. The options are really endless. So go ahead, grab your crock pot, throw some shit in, and come home to the easiest dinner ever. People think healthy and nourishing meals take too long to make and are difficult, but this recipe is proof that it’s not! Enjoy xxxx.
- 4 organic chicken thighs
- 4 large carrots
- 1 onion
- ½ can full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cub carob powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp himalayan pink sea salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Plug in and turn on crock pot to high.
- Chop carrots and onions into pieces.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the crock pot with half of all of the spices.
- Next, place the chicken thighs in and sprinkle the rest of the spices on top.
- Then, top the chicken thighs with the carrots and onion and pour in ½ the can of coconut milk.
- Leave on high for 1-2 hours, or leave on high for 30 minutes and then reduce to medium heat until you are ready to eat! (I let this sit for as long as 4 hours).
- Next, take your chicken thighs out and place them on a plate.
- Then, place the remaining cooked ingredients inside of the crock pot into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and serve warm!
- Chop up your chicken to add to the soup, or simply toss some sunflower seeds on top!