We all know that the peanut butter in reese’s tastes a little different than most peanut butter… probably because of all of the chemicals and crap that goes into them!
However, for some reason, we like that flavor and it reminds us of a reese’s, so I figured out how to make your own healthy reese’s with that same peanut butter flavor using a super secret HEALTHY ingredient… nutritional yeast
Sounds crazy I know, but the nutritional yeast makes peanut butter taste just like that peanut butter filling that we all loved when we USED TO 😉 eat reese’s cups! PLUS, even better, nutritional yeast is a booster food, so we are adding some awesome nutrition to these little cups
- 2tbsps organic peanut butter (read labels-look for JUST peanuts or peanuts and salt)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Chocolate: Use vegan chocolate recipe or simply melt your favorite chocolate to use. We love lilly’s brand dark chocolate or if you are vegan and have allergens then use enjoy life!
- Melt chocolate and pour into unbleached/chlorine free compostable baking cups
- Place in freezer
- Mix peanut butter and nutritional yeast together... this gives it that reese's peanut butter flavor.
- Once chocolate is frozen, place peanut butter mixture on top, leaving the most in the middle and slowly tapering it out on the edges.
- Pour more melted chocolate on top to cover and place back in freezer