Ayo peeps! I am so stoked to share this recipe for Paleo Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry because it is fast, easy, and so fulfilling and satiating! It came to me in a moment of hanger and has certainly become a staple.
As I was rummaging through the refrigerator in hopes of finding something that I had prepped, I realized I was out of luck. I was hungry, didn’t feel like cooking and I was caught with the task of making a meal without anything prepared, which makes things super easy. I typically always have something prepared like dressings, sauces, chicken, roasted veggies, etc, so that I am never caught in a bind when the hangry bitch comes out 😉
Well, I am quite glad that I had nothing prepared because as I sat in the refrigerator and saw kelp noodles, I got a little inspired to make a ‘fried rice’ of sorts. My brother had eaten this the night before and I guess I started craving a little Asian persuasion. It wasn’t quite fried rice, but it was super delicious, and now I have this amazing recipe for Paleo Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry… or kelp noodle stir fry, depending on what you are craving!
Anyways, out comes this beautiful meal that is super healthy! It’s loaded with minerals from the kelp noodles (you can buy the ones I like here), tons of veggies are there to add plenty of vitamins, fiber, and phytonutrients, and there’s even miso in the sauce to add some enzymes and probiotics to aid in more digestive help! That is if you decide to add the Peanut Butter Miso Dressing, which I definitely recommend if you are using kelp noodles over zucchini. Not only that, but you can get creative with this by adding different vegetables and choosing what type of protein you may want to add to this scrumptious meal.
- ½ cup zucchini
- ½ cup carrots
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup onions
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups of zucchini noodles (or one bag of kelp noodles)
- green onions
- 2 eggs
- optional: peanut (or almond) butter miso sauce- recipe on blog!
- Saute onions, carrots, zucchini and garlic in fat of choice (please use a high heat oil like ghee or coconut oil).
- While this is cooking down, rinse your kelp noodles and cut them up a bit since they are in super long strands
- Next, add in your 2 eggs and scramble them around like you see them do at those crazy steak houses where they cook and throw shit in front of you!)
- Once the egg is almost cooked, throw in your noodles and delicious peanut butter miso sauce and turn off the heat!
- Once everything is all mixed together, top with green onions and cilantro and serve up!
- Add tempeh, local chicken, or whatever your heart desires to give this a little more boost of protein!