Delicious buttery and jammy thumbprint cookies are so cute, delicious, and something that I just had to recreate. These types of cookies are usually loaded with butter, sugar, and refined flours…but not this recipe!
However…I must say a super buttery base would also be a phenomenal addition to this cookie…I’m certainly not afraid of a little grass fed butter, but we will keep this recipe in the vegan friend zone!
Don’t mind these plates full of paleo delicious goodness that would totally impress any dinner guests! These cupcakes are a rendition from Elena’s Pantry and the chocolate chip cookies are a recipe I posted recently!
That’s what I love about these thumbprint cookies! In all honesty, these cookies aren’t difficult to make at all, but they look quite impressive and gorgeous. Plus you’ll be giving yourself and, if you decide to share, guests/ friends a nutrient dense treat. Chia seeds and almonds are full of healthy fats, protein, and fiber, while berries are loaded with antioxidant goodness! Click the links to read more in depth info on these beautiful ingredients, which are definitely in our pantry staples!
- Ingredients (chia jam):
- 1 cup raspberries
- ½ cup strawberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- juice of ½ lemon
- Blend strawberries and raspberries with maple syrup (or honey) and lemon juice.
- In a pot, heat the blended mixture...but you don't want it to boil...If you start to see a little bubbling turn it down!
- Then, add in your chia seeds and stir. At this point you may turn off the heat and watch as your jam starts to jell.
- Once the jam has cooled lightly, store in a mason jar!
- As this sits, it will become thicker, so if it doesn't seem super jelled, don't worry, it will get there!
- 1.5 cup almonds (about 2 cups almonds flour...using purchased almond flour will lead to a lighter color and texture because they are blanched)
- ⅓ cup arrowroot starch
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg (you can leave this out...it is just slightly different)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp himalayan pink sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a blender or food processor, grind almonds and chia seeds into a flour.
- Next, add in all other ingredients and blend/mix thoroughly.
- Scoop or roll small balls onto a baking sheet and place your thumb in the center of each to create a little divot.
- Fill each divot with your chia seed jam.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes based on your gooeyness preference!
So, go ahead…get out your baking hat and get to work on these beauties! Don’t forget to tag us @holisticrendezvous and #holisticrendezvous so we can check out your beautiful photos!