It has been a great day over here for me! I had some really delicious Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Muffins for breakfast, I got an amazing Lagree workout in (at Fierce45 Denver) this morning, AND my outdoor intramural volleyball league just started! I’ve been really into volleyball recently and have decided that I want to get really good at it… it’s a work in progress. I don’t love being bad at stuff, I’m just a little bit competitive, so I’m learning to let go of that perfectionist mindset more and more and in different aspects of my life!
Anyways, one thing I was really great at recently, was creating this muffin recipe! They came out perfectly the first time, so I was pretty ecstatic and haven’t been able to keep my paws off of them ;P!
Lemon Poppyseed Muffins are one of my absolute favorite muffins, but I haven’t had one in SUCH a long time. My friend was eating one the other day and I just had to make my own!
These use amazing ingredients such as Otto’s Cassava Flour, Ahara Rasa Ghee, Redmond’s Real Salt, and Stir Sweetener! These are all very high quality paleo products and I keep them in my pantry for those times when I am so down for some baking!
Okay okay, onto the recipe! Enjoy babes!
- 1 cup Otto's Cassava Flour
- ½ cup vanilla pea protein powder (optional to sub for almond flour, more cassava, etc)
- ¼ cup Stir Sweetener (you could also use coconut sugar)
- ½ cup almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 3 large pasture raised eggs
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- ¼ cup melted ghee (I used Ahara Rasa Vanilla Ghee)
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp Redmond's Real Salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Use coconut oil to 'grease' muffin tins.
- Fill the muffin tins ¾ of the way to the top.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.