Okay…so this No-ba Noodle Salad might be my newest obsession. If you know someone who has trouble getting all of their veggies in, they need this in their life. This recipe was inspired by a recipe by Giada and I am in love! Plus, it’s perfect for Sustainable Sunday since these ingredients are all in season right now and can be found at your farmers market!
I love that this noodle salad gets better as time goes on, making it a great salad to prep in advance to eat throughout the week! Trust me, the flavors intensify the longer it marinades and it’s so so yummy!
This recipe is raw, vegan, and completely paleo. However, it can be switched up a little to suit your dietary needs. For instance, I love topping mine with grilled chicken for more protein and also adding some garbanzo beans.
I recommend using black sesame seeds, but you can also use white sesame seeds like I did if you are unable to find them. I love using black sesame seeds because in TCM (traditional Chinese medicine), black foods are beneficial for the kidneys.
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons Nama Shoyu soy sauce (fermented and gluten free) (OR coconut aminos)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- juice of 3 lemons
- 1 tbsp honey (leave out for whole 30)
- 2 inch fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tsp wasabi powder (eden foods)
- Blend all ingredients together until creamy!
- 1 head napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots (2 carrots)
- 1 head thinly sliced green onions
- 2 thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 peach, chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds
- First, preheat the oven to 325 and place slivered almonds in for 10 minutes. Then, make the dressing outlined in the above recipe. Next, thinly slice cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, cucumbers, and green onions. I like using a thin julienne cut. Chop the peach. Combine all ingredients together and thoroughly coat with the dressing. Allow to sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours for the most developed and delicious flavors.
I purchased all of the vegetables from my farmers market and ordered the rest of the ingredients from thrive market. Click here to try thrive for 30 days free!
Try this out and let me know what you think! Make sure to take some pictures and tag me on instagram (@holisticrendezvous) so I can see your beautiful creations!