We are still in the heat of summer, but not for much longer! Here in Colorado, our growing season is fairly short, so it’s time to take full advantage of the abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables that are basically growing in our backyards… or maybe you have already taken the step and are growing wonderful fruits and vegetables in your yard!
photo via bodeanh91
Bottom line, juicing can be a phenomenal tool to keep in your arsenal. Juices will make you feel amazing by helping circulation, skin, digestive problems, obesity, bad breath, and more. Just make sure to have some other food with your juice… or shortly after to give your body all it needs to keep you full and balanced.
- 1 head kale (the king of greens...but you may not want to have an entire head every day...balance in everything people!)
- 1 jalapeno (fires up your metabolism, reduces pain, and is great for blood flow)
- 1 lemon (antioxidants, body alkalizer, and it gives a great flavor!)
- celery or cucumber to your content! (both are wonderful for hydration)
- need a little sweetness? Add in some green apple!
- Send it all through the juicer!
photo via zornitsa
I just wanted to remind everyone how important it is to support local farmers and how many more benefits you get when eating locally. Our foods are shipped 100’s of 1000’s of miles before they get to us, not only causing them to lose valuable nutrients, but also putting a strain on our environment from more fuel consumption. You are doing your body a service, the environment, and your lovely local small farms when you purchase locally!
What local fruits and vegetables are you throwing in juices and smoothies to keep your body vibrating at optimal levels? Tag us in your pictures and #holisticrendezvous for a chance to be featured! We love to hear from you and are so inspired by your beautiful pictures! xoxo, B