I have started an internship at an amazing botanical shop and one of my favorite things has been making teas. This signature tea of theirs is my absolute favorite and something that I have been incorporating into my daily routine.
One of my current health goals is to add more herbal teas into my days to increase the amounts of vitamins and minerals I am consuming as well as for their health promoting benefits. This tea is one that I wanted to incorporate for its high levels of vitamin C, which is great for your immune system as well as to support adrenal health!
This tea uses 3 ingredients that create a killer combination; hibiscus, rose hips, and rose petals.
Hibiscus tea has been touted for its ability to reduce blood pressure as well as for its high levels of antioxidants which support our bodies in so many ways…from keeping you looking young, improving your immunity, and lowering inflammation.
Rose Hips tea is extremely high in vitamin C and vitamin A. Vitamin A keeps your skin glowing and improves wound healing. Vitamin A is also great for the immune system along with the vitamin C.
Rose Petals add a subtle flavor that makes this tea. They are also rich in vitamin C, polyphenols, and other antioxidants that improve health!
- 1 part hibiscus
- 1 part rose hips
- 1/4 part rose petals
- Pick what you want to use for parts…this could be 1 cup, 2 cups, 3 cups, etc. Just make sure that you use that as your part for the entire recipe
- Mix lovingly and graciously with your hands, infusing your love into the tea!
- Use 1 tsp per 8 oz. of boiling water, or create an infusion by using 3 tsps per 8 oz.
- When creating the infusion, let this tea steep overnight…Pour boiling water over it and then set in the fridge for at least 8 hours!
- I like to make a very large strong pot of tea to keep in the fridge that I add to water throughout the week for flavor!
Do you drink herbal teas? Do you love blending them yourself or buying tea bags? We think it’s so much fun to switch it up and get creative by making your own teas, so let us know what you think of this recipe! We love it and hope you do as well! Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and here for updates and more information! Peace and love , HR!