I had been wanting to make my own cocoroons for a while because I didn’t want to purchase the ones in the store that are pretty expensive at $7.99 a package. Plus, most of them had agave nectar in them, which was another downfall in my opinion (you can see why here). Not only that, but by making my own, I avoid the unnecessary waste associated with store bought cocoroons and I can completely control my ingredients. For instance, I also like to add a bit of protein to my sweet morsels to balance blood sugar and make them a little more filling. However, you do not have to add protein to your cocoroons if you wish not to! This recipes uses a vegan, gluten free, non-gmo protein, so that they remain vegan!
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- juice of 3 lemons
- zest of 3 lemons
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 scoops arbonne protein powder (depending on your protein powder, you may need more or less wet ingredients. For instance, if you are using an isolate, you will probably need to add more coconut or almond flour. You could also add more coconut and almond flour and use no protein at all!)
- Combine all dry ingredients and thoroughly
- Mix, then combine all of your wet ingredients and add them to the dry!
- After mixing, you simply for them into balls or shapes that you want!
- I topped these with lemon zest!
- Dehydrate at temperature below 115 to keep them raw, or bake them on low overnight..or at a higher temperature for a shorter period of time!
These turned out so delicious and decadent with the perfect amount of tang, plus they are beautiful and impressive for guests, so whip these up for dessert for yourself or a dinner party!
We want to see your creations! Tag us on Facebook and instagram @holisticrendezvous so we can see when you make our recipes. 🙂