Okay, so who doesn’t love cookies?!!? These cookies have been made a few too many times…just to make sure the recipe was perfect for you guys ;)! Seriously, these are so good and loaded with fabulous ingredients that make them acceptable for breakfast, a snack, and definitely tasty enough for a dessert!
Not only are they perfect cookies… they are also awesome…WHOOPIE PIES! Whoopie pies seem to be super in right now, so we had to get in on the craze and make a filling that is made with real ingredients and not just loaded with sugar, but that still tastes great and makes your heart happy!
Go ahead, make a batch of these (or two or three!) and enjoy them without any guilt!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 pasture raised egg
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tbsp shredded ginger
- 2 tbsps currants
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- juice and zest of 1/4 lemon (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Combine dry ingredients
- Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients
- Add in soft coconut oil…melted will give a fluffier cookie, try it both ways!
- Place on a ‘greased’ baking pan
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
Directions (cream filling):
- Rinse and soak cashews overnight
- Rinse cashews and combine with maple syrup, salt, coconut oil and lemon if desired.
- Blend/process until very smooth!
- Place in between two cookies and make a little ‘whoopee pie’
Let us know what you thought of this recipe and others by commenting or tagging us in your creations! You can find us on facebook (www.facebook.com/yourholisticrendezvous ) and Instagram for even more food porn! Use the #holisticrendezvous so we can see your renditions! We hope you enjoy!!