Gummies are super fun and typically come in awesome kid friendly shapes, which the kid in all of us loves. That’s why it was absolutely necessary to make some healthy gummies that you can feel good about eating yourself and giving to your kids!
The possibilities are endless for the flavor combinations that you can make, so get creative! Plus, you can use different fruits and vegetables to color and flavor the gummies so that they are fun colors too. And, obviously, you need to make them into cool shapes, so look online for molds or check out hobby lobby which actually has tons of different silicone and candy molds.
I made these two ways so that there were two different color gummies. To make the non-translucent orange, I added in cashews to give it a creamy flavor and diversify the color!
SO, not only are these super fun to make and eat, they are actually EXTREMELY healthy! I mean just check out these fabulous ingredients!
Gelatin is basically straight amino acids, so it is great for muscle repair, hair and nail growth/ health, and it even makes your skin beautiful! Make sure to buy great lakes gelatin- it is from grass fed cows, so you are supporting sustainable and healthy farming practices!
Carrots are full of beta-carotene which is great for your cardiovascular health, skin health, and also plays a role in detoxifying your liver. The crunch of the carrot is also fabulous for cleaning plaque off of your teeth!
Ginger is a booster food that is amazing for your digestion, immune system, and metabolism!
- 2 tbsps gelatin
- 1/2 cup cooked carrots
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/4 cup soaked cashews (optional)
- 2 tbsps grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups hot water (use carrot water)
- Boil 1/2 cup carrots with 1 inch of peeled ginger for 30 minutes
- Strain carrots and ginger out, but save the water! (it contains nutrients from the carrots and ginger, plus some yummy ginger flavor!)
- Use 2 cups of the carrot water to blend the carrots, soaked and drained cashews, and a small piece of the ginger that you boiled with carrots. (Amount is up to you, but the full inch will be quite spicy and gingery)
- Add in 2 tbsps of grade B maple syrup to carrot ginger water
- Heat carrot, cashew, ginger maple water
- While the water is heating, pour 2 tbsps of gelatin over 1 cup of cool water
- After 1 minute, pour the hot water over the gelatin and water and stir!
- Lastly, pour into your favorite molds! (I found these awesome halloween ones at hobby lobby)
Let us know what you thought of this recipe! Follow us on facebook (www.facebook.com/yourholisticrendezvous ) and Instagram so that you can tag us in your creations! Use the #holisticrendezvous so we can see your renditions! We hope you enjoy!!