Rose Petal Jam is the all time perfect Valentine’s Day treat! Roses are the quintessential and most cliché flower to give out on Valentine’s Day or anytime you are trying to up the romance…and for good reason. While I don’t love the cliche and would prefer a living, potted plant, to the typical dozen roses, I do love the heart opening properties that roses contain. That’s why I had to make this Fig and Rose Petal Jam for a heart opening and loving treat this Valentine’s Day!
Typical rose petal jam uses white sugar and is super delicious, but I wanted to do a little bit of a different take on the traditional rose petal jam, so everyone can enjoy! This Fig and Rose Petal Jam uses the sweetness from the figs as well as coconut sugar to create a deliciously sweet jam that is swoon worthy and will have whoever you make it for swooning over you!
Rose is known for its ability to reduce anxiety/ produce a calming affect, acts an aphrodisiac, and is a heart opener, making it perfect for LOVE. Not only that, but roses can aid in weight loss, are a good source of vitamin C, and act as a natural diuretic if you are experiencing constipation!
Figs are also known for their aphrodisiac and loving properties, because the fig fruit has a resemblance to the female anatomy and they just look luscious and and sensual when you open them up. So a Fig and Rose Petal Jam was an obvious choice for a loving combo!
- ½ cup dried figs
- ½ cup dried rose petals
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp gelatin
- 3 cups water
- pinch himalayan pink sea salt
- Chop the dried figs into small pieces.
- In a small pot, combine the chopped figs, lemon juice and 1.5 cups water. Allow this to simmer for around 30 minutes or until the figs are nice and soft.
- Next, add in the rose petals and coconut sugar. Allow this to simmer for 10-15 minutes. The mixture should be slightly sticky/thicken.
- Allow the gelatin to bloom in ½ cup of cold water for 1-2 minutes, then pour into the warm mixture. Stir well and then place in a jar to be consumed!
- Consume within a week or freeze!
Products that I used for the Rose Petal and Fig Jam: