- 3 organic red bell peppers (peppers are on the dirty dozen list!)
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 head green onions chopped
- 1 can black beans or 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp himalayan sea salt
- optional: goat or feta cheese to top with!
- Cut red bell peppers in half (hot dog style) and bake at 350 for 10 minutes on one side and 10 minutes on the other side.
- Meanwhile, cook your quinoa stove top and chop your tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro!
- Once the quinoa has cooked, add in black beans, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, salt, and cumin.
- When the peppers are done stuff them with your quinoa mixture and top with goat or feta cheese if you want to!
- Place your stuffed peppers back in the oven for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese and then enjoy!
- I served this with greek yogurt that I mixed with cumin, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and garlic. You can also use your favorite mexican seasoning! I also stir fried green peppers, onions, and mushrooms for a side!