Fiesta Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 head cilantro, chopped
- 1–2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 head green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped squash (kabocha or acorn with the skins on is my favorite..and I like them to be small cubes!)
- 2.5 cups cooked black beans, or 1 can
- 1 or more cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup raw sunflowers seeds, sprouted if possible!
- juice of 2 limes
- southwest chipotle seasoning
- nutritional yeast
- Cook quinoa according to directions…boil in water then reduce to a simmer until it is nice and fluffy! (also recommend cooking in seaweed and rinsing before you cook!)
- While this is cooking, you can also cook your squash of choice and your black beans if you are soaking and using dry instead of canned.
- Once the items that need to be cooked have cooked and slightly cooled, add in all of your raw ingredients!
- Then, season to taste with nutritional yeast, chipotle seasoning, salt, and more lime juice if necessary.
- Top it with a perfect avocado and you have reached pure decadence.