I made this amazing salad completely by accident and thank goodness I did, because it is benefitting all of us now! This Fiesta Quinoa Salad has tons of flavor and so many different textures, which makes it the perfect mouth feel! Plus, it’s a great Cinco de Mayo recipe
I always make quinoa salad with green onion, cilantro, and tomatoes, but it just wasn’t cutting it this time. I had it sitting in the fridge and just wasn’t loving it, so I started to look at what else I had prepped in the fridge. I had some kabocha squash that I had just cooked, some sunflower seeds that I had sprouted, and a massive bag of carrots.
I started to add some of these ingredients and ended up with a massive volume quinoa salad that is perfect served hot or cold. It seriously has so much flavor and tons of nutrients from all of the vegetables in it. Plus also has nutritional yeast in it, which is loaded with b vitamins and other nutrients!
I immediately made this for friends, family, and clients Seriously, don’t let the randomness and simplicity fool you…it’s perfection. Make it now.
Oh, by the way, I love using sprouted quinoa, like this one! This make it easier to digest and amps up the energy!
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 head cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 head green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped squash (kabocha or acorn with the skins on is my favorite..and I like them to be small cubes!)
- 2.5 cups cooked black beans, or 1 can
- 1 or more cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup raw sunflowers seeds, sprouted if possible!
- juice of 2 limes
- southwest chipotle seasoning
- nutritional yeast
- Cook quinoa according to directions…boil in water then reduce to a simmer until it is nice and fluffy! (also recommend cooking in seaweed and rinsing before you cook!)
- While this is cooking, you can also cook your squash of choice and your black beans if you are soaking and using dry instead of canned.
- Once the items that need to be cooked have cooked and slightly cooled, add in all of your raw ingredients!
- Then, season to taste with nutritional yeast, chipotle seasoning, salt, and more lime juice if necessary.
- Top it with a perfect avocado and you have reached pure decadence.
You guys know that I love seeing you try my recipes! If you try this, don’t forget to tag me on socials, @holisticrendezvous and use the hashtag #holisticrendezvous !