These cookie dough bites are absolutely out of this world. Not only are they healthy, they are, dare we say, even better than normal cookie dough. We like to eat these as snacks, as dessert, and…wait a minute, as a topping for ice cream! For a super low calorie snack you could get arctic zero ice cream and mix these in. You can also make your own super healthy ice cream or freeze plain organic greek yogurt with some vanilla extract and stevia added in. Our favorite ice cream recipe may be stuftmama’s low calorie almond milk ice cream!
These balls are packed with heart healthy, antioxidant rich ingredients like oats, vegan protein powder, and the super foods coconut and cacao nibs. They definitely pack a punch of flavor as big as their nutrition profile with healthy fats, protein, and fiber rich carbohydrates!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup coconut shreds
- 2 tbsps flax
- 3 scoops arbonne protein powder
- ¼ cup ghee (substitute with coconut oil to make vegan)
- 3 tbsps honey (substitute with dates, maple syrup or, molasses to make completely vegan)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsps cacao nibs
- Combine dry ingredients and blend until smooth- you may need to grind your flax first.
- Next, add in the ghee and honey until the consistency is sticky and you can mold it together.
- Then, add in your cacao nibs and form into little cookie dough balls!
These are very simple to make, but rolling them out into little balls can take a good bit of time, so it’s easiest to roll them into big balls and then cut those. You could also just store the batter in the freezer and crumble it over the top of a dessert! We keep these in the freezer for emergency chocolate or sweet cravings!
Make sure to tag us and #holisticrendezvous when you make our recipes! We love to see your creations:)