This cauliflower salad was inspired by a want for something heart, filling, but also light. I miss my quinoa salads that I have cut out for a short time and wanted something that felt grainy and robust…so I used cauliflower as a hearty base!
What I love about this, is that it is robust and hearty and filling…yet, by using super fresh ingredients and citrus, it still maintains a light and fluffy quality that makes you feel great while you’re eating it…plus, it’s LOADED with veggie power!
- 1 head steamed cauliflower
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 cups cooked/diced beets
- 1 cup raw, diced carrots
- 1 cup raw, chopped celery
- 1 cup raw, diced onion
- 1 orange (juice, zest, and chopped)
- herbs (I used mint...but cilantro would also be amazing!)
- nut/seed optional (I chopped pistachios to top it with!)
- Chop 1 head of cauliflower and steam
- Chop beets and boil
- While cauliflower and beets are cooking- dice carrots and onions, chop the celery, chop herbs, and mix together dressing ingredients.
- Once cauliflower has cooked, use a food processor to pulse it into a fine "rice" like texture.
- Next, add in all of your chopped ingredients, coconut, and dressing!
- The longer this sits, the more the flavors will soak in and develop. I topped this with orange zest, mint, and chopped pistachios!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsps ACV or umami plum vinegar
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- whisk ingredients together!
Try this out and let us know what you think! I promise you will not be disappointed…this is such a fun and refreshing dish that easily lends itself from summer into fall! Take pictures and #holisticrendezvous and tag us @holisticrendezvous so we can see your recreations and hear your opinions! Peace and Love, B