Whole 30 and Paleo Cauliflower Fried Rice!
Are you ready to make the easiest and most nutritious fried rice of your life? I seriously think this recipe needs to be in everyone’s repertoire because it is a craving killer, super easy, and is loaded with veggies! This is something that I make a variation of pretty much every week, so I just had to share this Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe with you!
I love that this Cauliflower Fried rice easily substitutes rice, but feel free to do half rice and half cauliflower rice to add more carbohydrates and to give at an even more authentic fried rice flavor. Listen to your body and do what is right for you! Some of us do great with some grains while some of us don’t, so don’t feel restricted here. I personally love adding some real rice to this on occasion because sometimes some grains are really helpful for my hormones. I say this because everyone is so different and that’s why I don’t think anyone should follow one specific diet protocol or be dogmatic in their nutrition approach. I know I am going off on a little bit of a tangent here, but feel free to contact me for one on one coaching if you feel lost in your nutrition approach!
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 T sesame seed oil
- 3 tbsp nama shoyu (gluten free and non-GMO soy sauce)
- 1 head green onions, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- optional: 2 chicken breasts
- Grate/ process cauliflower, or buy pre-riced cauliflower
- Chop/ dice/ mince vegetables
- Place ghee in a pan and add in onion and garlic. Cook until the onions are 'clear.'
- Next, add in your cauliflower, carrots, nama shoyu, and sesame seed oil.
- Cover and allow the vegetables to cook until soft.
- Next, scramble your eggs and fry them next to the vegetables. Once cooked, add them into the rice mixture.
- Then, add in frozen peas and mix!
- Top with green onions, cilantro, avocado, and whatever else your heart desires!
I also love topping this with fermented foods and fresh veggies for an even bigger kick of nutrition.